The Smartest EAGLE Terms & Conditions
THE ULP COMPETION IS ALREADY COMPLETED!
Please read these Terms carefully. By uploading your ULP and participating in this competition you will be deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms. You are furthermore consenting to your ULP being recorded, published and used. If you do not accept any of these Terms do not upload your ULP. We advise you to print and keep safe a copy of the Terms. CadSoft reserves the right to revise the Terms from time to time. Revised Terms will be posted on the website and it is a condition of the entry to the competition that you agree to comply with such amendments from time to time. We reserve the right to disregard any ULP which in our opinion fails to meet these Terms.
To participate in this competition, you must meet the following requirements:
1. You must be an EAGLE customer or an EAGLE Freeware User
2. You must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Premier Farnell including its subsidiaries, such as CadSoft Computer GmbH (“CadSoft”).
4. No purchase is necessary to participate in this competition. Also EAGLE Freeware Users might take part at the competition.
5. If you want to participate you are required to log on the website, upload your ULP and fill in the registration form.
6. By uploading your ULP you agree, confirm, warrant and represent that
- you are fully authorized and have all necessary licenses, rights, permissions and consents to upload the ULP and authorize us to use the ULP.
- you own or control all Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in the uploaded ULP and/or have the right to use the Intellectual Property Rights in the uploaded ULP;
- you have full power and authority to grant us a license to store, use, edit, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, make available and display the ULP without charge, by any medium or method
- the uploaded ULP does not infringe any third party’s IPR or any applicable laws or regulations and that you will notify us immediately in writing if the uploaded ULP infringes any third party’s IPR or you receive notice of a claim that the uploaded ULP infringes any third party’s IPR or in case your ULP infringes applicable laws or regulations
- no royalties, fees or costs are payable by us to you or any third party in respect of the uploaded ULP
- you will indemnify CadSoft and its affiliated companies against all costs, claims, damages losses, penalties, fines expenses (including but not limited to legal fees, in-house counsel costs etc.) arising as a result of any allegation, claim or action that the ULP uploaded by you infringes any IPR belonging to a third party
7. You agree to give us evidence of such licenses, rights, consents, and permissions if requested by us.
8. CadSoft reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any winner before the Prize is issued and may require proof of identification and age. If CadSoft suspects fraud or misconduct, or if it is discovered that you have failed to comply with the eligibility requirements set out in the Terms, then the Prize might be withheld or withdrawn or another Prize winner may be selected.
9. The closing date is as specified in the respective competition, and CadSoft reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time. Only those who have uploaded their ULP between the starting date and the closing dated will be eligible to participate in the competition. ULPs uploaded after this time will not be entered into the competition. No responsibility will be accepted by CadSoft for uploads which are not received for any reason, including technical error. CadSoft reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition or extend the period of participation as necessary due to circumstances outside of its reasonable control. CadSoft will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the competition.
10. If you are the winner of the competition, we will notify you by e-mail, using the email address provided at the time of filling out the register form. The panel of judges for each competition will be comprised of CadSoft Marketing and CadSoft’s EAGLE specialists (Judges). The Judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into. To claim the Prize the winner will be required to confirm receipt of notification within 5 days of notification by CadSoft. If the winner does not respond in that time period, he / she will be deemed to have waived entitlement to his or her Prize and a further winner will be selected.
11. Details of the winner will be posted on the CadSoft website. The winner must allow details regarding the winning of the Prize to be published in order to claim the Prize.
12. The Prize will be a 1-year license of EAGLE Professional V6 including all three modules (schematic editor, layout editor and autorouter). The Prize is not negotiable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. CadSoft reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a suitable equivalent. The Prize will not be transferable to another person.
13. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
14. The winner agreed to be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to the Prize.
15. You are not permitted to enter this competition if by doing so you may cause yourself or CadSoft to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which you are party or in breach of any law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which CadSoft or you may be subject. CadSoft reserves the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
16. CadSoft respects the policies of employers which forbid the acceptance of such prizes by their employees. The winner must obtain signed authorization from a director of his or her employer (if appropriate) confirming permission to accept the Prize.
17. The Prize is not supplied with the benefit of any warranty from CadSoft – CadSoft herby excludes all and any liability arising out of the competition or the acceptance, use, quality condition, suitability or performance of the Prize to the extent permitted by applicable law.
18. This competition is being run by CadSoft Computer GmbH, Pleidolfweg 15, 84568 Pleiskirchen.
20. CadSoft will endeavor to send Prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
21. This competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the German law. You irrevocably agree that the district court of Munich shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the competition.