CadSoft Computer now offers FSpice Simulation powered by Felicitas Engineering.
EAGLE now supports the newly-developed interface for PCBSim, a simulation tool developed by Felicitas Customized Engineering GmbH. The integrated FSpice Simulator handles all standard simulation tasks including passive components and major types of discrete active components. The integrated library editor automatically converts models from different syntax varieties. FSpice also supports analog and digital simulations and includes library elements for common digital primitives (gates, flip-fops, latches). FSpice is an integral part of Felicitas PCBSim and it is included in each Signal Integrity Analysis package (Transmission Line, S-Parameter and IBIS input).
There is now also a new version of it - Felicitas PCBSim 3.0
This version has a 3D engine which allows to view layouts conveniently in 3D. It improves the routing of critical signals, helps to solve tricky routings and optimise layer stacks. Furthermore it displays all layers and board dimensions, allows to selectively view individual signals and contacts, presents the board from any angle and EAGLE defined colours can be used.
Easy-to-use & Versitile
Seamlessly integrated into EAGLE, you are now able to check your design even before the layout is done!
- Accurate simulation results
- Comes with a complete SPICE engine
- Quickly verify and tune the performance of any analog circuits like filters, SMPS, amplifiers, oscillators, etc.
- Check Signal Integrity of high speed digital or analog circuits.
- Easily include digital glue logic into the simulation.
- PCBSim has a well defined interface within EAGLE schematic module
- Felicitas PCBSim is activated with the context menu and supplies user friendly dialogs for editing transmission lines, s-parameter,- or IBIS models.
- Special components like transmission lines or voltage probes are included in the Felicitas Simulation Library.
- A collection of predefined shapes which can be used in conjunction with model files (IBIS or s-parameter)
- The Library Editor handles two models, the original (supplied by any 3rd party) and the FSpice version, which is suitable for the simulation with Felicitas PCBSim
- The Library Editor is able to convert the original model in most cases automatically to the FSpice model
- It can pass the comments inside the model to retrieve meaningful pin names from it, simplifying the assignment of models to schematic shapes
Spice Model Importer
- Allows to imports a collection of models from third parties.
- Automatically converts original models to suitable models for the use with FSpice, the integrated Spice Simulator
- The models are automatically sorted into library files, which can then be further edited with the Library Editor
- Search pattern allows retrieving certain information from each model
- The Spice Model Importer is included in the Professional Package and in all Signal Integrity Packages