CadSoft Computer now offers Library Builder powered by PCB Libraries, Inc.
CadSoft Computer has partnered up with PCB Libraries to offer our users a tool that considerably reduces the time to create library package designs. The Library Expert and Library POD Builder offer access to millions of IPC-approved components and effortlessly help you create footprints from component data and outputs to EAGLE. Both products work from the same platform, but offer different advantages to meet your specific needs:
- Library Expert Professional: With this perpetual license you get access to unlimited customization capabilities.
- Library POD Builder: Free library viewer allows you to build and export parts as per needed basis. Cost per part ranges from $1-$2 for existing and $7-$11 for custom parts. Also outputs to 21 CAD formats and STEP.
Library Builder Comparison
|Feature||PCB Library Expert||PCB Library POD builder|
|Access to 1 million Parts||Unlimited Access||$1.00 to $2.00/ standard part
$7.00 - $11.00 custom part
|Rotate or Mirror component & Footprints||✓||✓|
|Build parts without limit on pin quantity||✓||✓|
|Browse, edit, update FPX library files||✓||Limited|
|Create customized footprints for unique needs (modify preferences)||✓||🚫|
|Batch-build and mass-edit entire CAD libraries in seconds||✓||🚫|
|License type||Perpetual (Dongle operated)||By the part|
|Pricing (1 user)||$399
|$50 for 50 credits
PCB Library Expert
Tailor every parameter of how a part is made!
PCB Library Expert affords the ultimate flexibility allowing the user to tailor every parameter of how a part is made. It's even possible to remake an entire library based on preferences with one click, in this way parts can be adjusted for different manufacturing processes.
You are buying the current major version. You will obtain all of the updates to this major version for FREE. Once a new major version is released, you may continue to use your current version perpetually without an additional fee or you can upgrade to the newest release for 30% of new release.
- Output to format readable by EAGLE
- Uses PCB Libraries advanced proprietary CAD LEAP™ Technology (Libraries Enhanced with Automated Preferences)
- Creates footprints with arbitrary pad shapes and positions
- Quickly design footprints for non-standard parts
- Create over 1,800 variations of ONE SINGLE library!
- Set of unique component packages that may be used with well over 300,000 parts
- All 2016 updates are free
- Upgrade to next major release for 30% of new release
Fast Return on Investment
A solution that pays for itself, often after 2 or 3 projects!
PCB Library Expert creates PCB library parts in a fraction of the time compared with manual editing.
Minimize Cost of Manufacture
Create high quality designs the first time and reduce design re-spin cost
PCB Library Expert auto-calculates and generates everything down to the finest details.
Easy to Learn
User friendly GUI easy to learn Quickly become an expert!
Regardless your skill level, PCB Libraries is backing you up to help you create high-quality PCB libraries in a timely manner.
PCB Libraries POD (Parts on Demand) Builder
Buy parts as needed!
Library POD Builder is perfect for users who prefer to buy parts when needed, but still get access to a full library of IPCB-approved components. Library POD builder will install as a viewer and limited component editing capabilities compared to the Library Expert version. To purchase POD’s you will need to purchase POD credits ($5) for 50 credits). The cost of the POD’s will vary between $1.00 or $2.00 for stock components and $7.00 for custom parts.
You are buying 50 credits for the Library POD builder. You will need to use your credits with the latest version. Credits do not expire.
- 50 credits with $50
- Credits do not expire (keep your license updated to keep it working)
- Library POD builder viewer is free
- NO maintenances fees for support!
- Standard parts as low as $1-$2 or custom parts starting at $7
- High priority phone & live support
- Email & forum support
Buy parts only when needed!
As low as $1 per standard parts. No software purchase necessary
PCB Library POD gives you the flexibility to buy parts when needed.
View over 1 million IPC-approved parts!
IPC-7351B and IPC-7351C compliant
Output to CAD and/or 3D STEP
Build PCB libraries in 21 CAD formats!
Export parts purchased/downloaded to any supported CAD program and/or 3D STEP.