CadSoft Computer, makers of the popular PCB design solution, EAGLE, which is used by design engineers worldwide, is growing its software development team. Founded in 1988, CadSoft looks back on 25 successful years, and with the current versions of EAGLE v6, we are growing at a fast pace. CadSoft Computer GmbH and CadSoft Inc. in the USA are part of Premier Farnell group, one of the world’s leading distributors of electronic components, products and services.
For the enhancement of our software development team, we are looking for a
Software Engineer, based in Oberhaching (Munich)/ Germany.
- Extend existing and implement new features to EAGLE, our PCB design application software
- Development and maintenance of regression tests in an established test harness
- Deliver internal and user documentation in English and German
- Setup / maintenance of development infrastructure
- Research new trends in EDA design capabilities as needed to support development of new functional directions for the tools, collect feedback from users
- Interface with other developers to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks, product and flow integration issues
- Ability to deal with complex technical application software
- Technical knowledge of electronic design to create features for PCB designers
- Working across diverse and complex areas from usability improvements over algorithmic programming to porting issues
- Time management to deliver complete software solutions that match the specification priorities
- B. Sc. In Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Fluent in English and German is a must have (written and spoken)
- Prior experience in the EDA industry is a must have
- Proven, demonstrable and relevant experience of developing in C/C++
- Very good experience in OOA/D/P
- Experience in GUI development with Qt
- Development experience in Linux
- Experience in Perl and Linux shell programming
- Development experience on Windows and/or MAC
- Linux administration experience
- Experience with designing tools for PCB design and layout, is a strong plus.
Please send us your application, including salary expectations and earliest possible starting date, by email to Mrs. Gerti Weichselgartner: email@example.com. For questions, please call us at 08635-698910.